- Be here. It’s important to be present for our fundraiser. This is what funds the scholarships, allocations and our major project. For the first time since I’ve been a member we will be asking people to help us with our event besides our membership as we are seriously short members. Those people may have purchased a ticket but instead they will help us in return for access to our event. Your presence matters. In 2020 really think about the trips that you plan. Can you be here and be present? We need your help and support.
- Sell your tickets or if you are unable to sell them then purchase them yourself and give them away so those people you give them to will participate in our raffles and silent auction. If you are asking another member to sell your ticket then that member is not selling extra tickets for our event which makes less money for us to give away. Lifetime members don’t have to sell their tickets but it is appreciated when you do as it supports our mission. This is our fundraiser, right? All ticket money to be turned in to Cathy Donovan.
- Contribute to our silent auction/raffle. Ask a business to donate goods or a certificate from the list that has been at meetings. If you are not comfortable with asking then donate wine, boxed jewelry, art or hand crafts of your own. The more donations we have the more we can give away. Contact Lee, Julie or Colleen if you have questions. We are glad to help.
- For those who are here in town and present please sign up for at least 2 shifts – one prior or after the event and one during the event. Do it soon please as we are trying to figure out how many people other than Soroptimists we need to pull off this event. Questions – contact Ginger Mitchell.
- Yes…you do have to buy 5 raffle tickets, or sell them to somebody else. If you aren’t going to be at the event please turn your money and tickets with your name on them and we will put it in a raffle drawing for you. Then sell more to friends and family who can’t attend our event! They do not need to be present to win our raffle prizes. It’s our fundraiser right?
- The night of the event – WEAR YOUR NAMEBADGE!! WEAR BLACK OR WHITE TO SUPPORT OUR WINE COMMITTEE’S THEME THIS YEAR. Smile and help our guests. You are the host. Have fun but don’t overdo it with too much to drink. Bring flat shoes for after the event for clean up and an apron or change of clothes. We can’t go home until the trucks and cars are loaded up with our equipment that goes back to storage. That means that we have to get the wine glasses and the plates clean. It is a fun party in the kitchen with plenty of nice wine being poured and fun camaraderie. We welcome husbands and friends to help us too. If you are all done with your job please don’t leave your Soroptimist sisters washing dishes and loading up without you. If we all pitch in we all can get home at a decent hour. If you leave us behind….it’s a very long day.
Cheers to our 49th Annual. Let’s make it great. I’m thankful that I am able to chair this great committee who is committed to raising these funds for our club to give away. I’m thankful for our members who have really stepped it up this year and helped us with obtaining silent auction items. It has been a challenge for all of our changes to the event this year and a lot of work but mostly it has been gratifying to know I am contributing to help the lives of women and children in our community. I keep reminding myself of that when I get frustrated or overwhelmed with the task. Thank you in advance for everything you are doing to make this fundraiser worthwhile and helpful for our community.