March 2020 Newsletter
COVID-19 has definitely changed our daily lives. While we all are processing this event and the necessary adjustments we all have made, I urge you all to lead with a kind heart and don’t feed into the negativity. I pray that each of you and your families remain safe through this pandemic. Please stay home as much as possible, wash your hands, don’t touch your face and don’t hoard toilet paper!
I have been inundated at work, and have been asking Louisa and Hanna to handle more SISLT business. I am not able to check my emails as often, if you need immediate assistance please reach out them.
When this is all over, I hope that as a community we can rally around our local businesses and bring this town back to life.
Tahoe is pretty much on lock-down and we are, as you know, putting our weekly lunch meetings on hold for a while until we get the “all clear” to start meeting again.
If you can offer assistance in any form to a fellow member in need, or perhaps feel isolated or need help — reach out by responding to this email and we will connect you with each other.
There is plenty of info out there on what to do, and this is a great time for us to help each other out if needed. Just do it from a safe distance! An email check-in, drop off some necessities on the porch, whatever we can do for each other.
Here is a link to our roster (https://www.sislt.org/member-roster-members-only/) YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO SIGN IN WITH A PASSWORD. The password is sislt
Take care, stay healthy and safe,
Your Board Members
These fellow Soroptasisters is offering help if you need it. Click on their name to send them an email!
Please shoot Hanna an email if you want to be added to this list and offer a fellow member assistance.
I have been hearing from several people about Soroptimist taking on the task of making masks for emergency and hospital workers. Penney Leezy from Washoe checked with local hospitals to see if they would be accepting of these homemade masks and received some positive feedback to use them as covers for their filtered masks to allow longer use.
Staying safe and healthy! Hope you are as well!
Hello all of you crafty people! Thank you for your offer of help.
We have a number of mask options for you – one with filter, and two simple masks Click here for the video for the mask WITH FILTER POCKET. The pattern is the attached PDF.Filter material will be in our office hopefully later next week.
Once that arrives we will send a follow up email with another video for instructions for those who wish to help create the filters with these masks.
This also has a PDF attachment below as V2.
Click here for SECOND OPTION SIMPLE mask video – they use 6″ x 9″ cotton fabric and 7″ length of 1/4 inch elastic for their basic pattern.
Please create as many as you can. We have a drive-thru area at 2092 Lake Tahoe Blvd (next to Chicken in a Barrel, across from the Fire Station) to drop off masks, which will be open 10am-3pm Monday-Friday.
We are working on putting together packets of materials for making masks, so watch this space for more information.
Packets will include fabric, bias tape, tie to use in place of fabric ties, cotton thread, elastic and grocery twist ties for the nose piece to be zigzagged on.
Please contact us if you wish to collect (or have delivered) a packet of material and we will arrange for some to be left at the drive-thru or have it delivered to you.
For questions on how to put together the masks, or what materials can be used in place of others, please contact Angela Moore on (530) 545-9070
If you have fabric or bias tape or other items, including PPE, you can also drop that at the Drive thru on 2092 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
Thank you so much for your help in this community grassroots project!Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
2092 Lake Tahoe Blvd Ste. 600
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
By: Linda Mendizabal
- PAM BARRETT & Mike spent two weeks in Mexico with JOYCE BLACKSTONE-TURNER & RON – just part of some relaxation she’s been enjoying since relinquishing her two years as Club Prez …
- BROOKE LAINE’s son Matt (DEL LAINE’s grandson) and fiancee Tess were married on Feb. 29 at Granlibakken …
- PAT OLIVEIRA’s life is back to normal since hubby CAROL’s successful kidney transplant – and now they are going to Maui for a month’s vacation without being tethered to a BlueTooth- and yes he’s doing so well that he gets to skip his 8 month checkup and just calendar it for one year …
- MICKEY MADDEN’s daughter Kendra has been a barista at Edgewood and was so well thought of that she was offered a promotion and a raise of .23/hour – she’s MICKEY’S daughter all right and she boogied and has taken a position at a new business, Kava Kava on Kingsbury ….
- SUE NOVASEL has had pneumonia 3 times this winter: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s – what a way to get out of cooking holiday meals! …
- After a long battle with Cancer, VALERIE CONNERS’ husband, Lew, died of a fall and resulting injuries in February.
View in your browser Read the e-Paper
——— DAILY NEWS HEADLINES ———
Tribune wants to connect volunteers, organizations through ‘Be a Neighbor’ program The Tahoe Daily Tribune wants to be a good neighbor and help connect people and organizations in the community. The Tribune has teamed with social impact platform Vomo and its “Be a Neighbor” program and… Read More
Use this link anytime you shop on Amazon and Amazon will give 0.5% of the purchase price back to SISLT: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0508338