February 2020 Newsletter
|February 19, 2020||Lousia||HARRAHS||Leona Allen- Measure B|
|February 26, 2020||Jenn||BARTON||Field Trip- Barton Center of Excellence|
|March 2, 2020||Jenn||LTCC||Board Room A106|
|March 4, 2020||HARVEYS||Business|
|March 11, 2020||HARRAHS||Awards Luncheon|
|March 18, 2020||HARRAHS||Elevated Leadership with Nicole Vandehurst|
The 17th Annual Drug Store Project to be held on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 is already underway. Become a volunteer and sign up at https://
Please click on the link to volunteer for this incredible project to keep children from drugs.
Every year, UC Davis’ Tahoe Environmental Research Center puts on a multi-day Science Expo for all 3-5th grade students at LTUSD, Zephyr and the local homeschool program. The event is hosted in the gymnasium at LTCC. There are 30 stations set up in the gymnasium and kids get to bee bop from table to table learning about earth and space science. To make this happen, we need lots of volunteers to help run each station. You don’t need to know anything about science, you just need to be willing to read the directions, ask a few questions, and spend 2 hours with kids. At the beginning of your volunteer shift, you get trained on how to run an activity and then you spend the next two hours doing the activity with kids.
Science Expo Flyer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/123IdNzUD5cL-Cv6ID0J80dUS9uias9dk/view
Science Expo Sign-Up Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090444aea72ca6f49-sltscience3
Hope some of the Soroptimists will be able to join us! If your members have elementary school kids, they might be interested in volunteering on the same day their child will be there. Tentative schedule below:
- 9:30-11:30AM: Sierra House 3rd-4th
- 11:30-1:30PM: Sierra House 5th
- 9:00-11:00AM: Bijou 3rd
- 9:30-11:30AM: Tahoe Valley 3rd-5th
- 11:30-1:30?PM: Magnet School 3-5th
- 9:00-11:00AM: Bijou 4-5th
Public Affairs and Conservation Manager
South Tahoe Public Utility District
Use this link anytime you shop on Amazon and Amazon will give 0.5% of the purchase price back to SISLT: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/88-0508338
Just a reminder to all that your RSVP to the weekly attendance notice is important.
- We need to give Harrah’s or Harveys numbers by 12:30 on the Monday before a meeting. An accurate count keeps our expenses way down and helps the venue plan the amount of food needed.
- Remember that if you register properly you will receive both an immediate acknowledgement at the site AND an email thanking you for registering.
- If you forget or think something is wrong, you can email or call me to get on the list. We always try to accommodate you.
- Register by going to our calendar and select the upcoming lunch meeting. If registration is closed, please email or contact Linda Mitchell directly.
**AND PLEASE LET US KNOW IF SOMETHING CHANGES AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO COME ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED!