Our scholarship program aims to support young adults who are pursuing higher education and job training that receive limited to no financial support. Each scholarship is worth at least $1,000! We base our awards on the following criteria: Grades (30%), Special Circumstances (25%), School Activities (20%), Community Service (20%), and Essay (5%).
CRITERIA TO APPLY:
1) Be a graduate of South Tahoe High School, George Whittell High School, Mt Tallac High School or Lake Tahoe Community College or the Lake Tahoe Fire Academy with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
2) Must be planning to attend school full time at a university, college or technical school
3) Must submit two letters of recommendation, a copy of your transcript, and a 300 word essay that describes: PICK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- How will this scholarship help you meet your academic and personal goals?
- How will achieving your goals benefit your community?
- What is the greatest challenge you’ve overcome?
- What inspires you for the future?
4) Complete Application Here
APRIL 2, 2021 Extended until Friday April 9 for high school students and Friday April 16 for LTCC and the Fire Academy
Please email complete applications, with your letters of recommendation, transcript and essay to Education.SISLT@gmail.com.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FINE PRINT:
You have one year to claim your scholarship once it’s awarded. Please keep us updated on your plans. Once we receive your current address, school registration confirmation, and proof of full time enrollment (usually your schedule) we will mail you your scholarship check.
We prioritize students that are not receiving significant financial aid and other scholarships. However, we read every complete application and consider extenuating circumstances. We encourage you to apply knowing that students receiving “Promise Program” resources or other scholarship aid will be considered, but current scholarship status will be heavily weighed during the evaluation of applications for the SISLT scholarship.
After we evaluate the applications, we choose which students will be interviewed by a small panel. The questions allow us to get to know you better and should not be cause for stress! If you are not chosen for an interview, you will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
Since 1998 we have awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships to local graduates!
Are you a student in Lake Tahoe and need help? Feel free to reach out to us at anytime. Email is best at Education.SISLT@gmail.com We are a large network of dedicated women that have resources to help you find a tutor and help point you in the right direction, whatever the need may be.
- Tahoe STEM Academy: ages 10-16, founded by a MIT engineer with over a decade of STEM experience. Tahoe STEM Academy’s mobile learning lab gives your budding scientist or engineer the tools, technology, and opportunity to explore, create, and expand their minds beyond a traditional classroom. Also offering private tutoring session. Visit https://www.tahoestemacademy.com for more information
- Dual Enrollment Information https://youtu.be/Jp9Ui3kWFuI
- Concurrent Enrollment Information https://youtu.be/Tih5TyQKTSo
- Peer Coaching Information https://youtu.be/ryaOfwoqOHg
- Tutoring Services at LTCC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect program at LTCC: http://ltcc.edu/communityeducation/index.php
- For additional Scholarships please visit: http://scholarships.edcoe.org
- Live Violence Free: https://liveviolencefree.org