Soroptimist Sponsor’s Checklist
- Bring the prospective member to program meetings.
- Share personal experiences in SISLT with the prospective member.
- Attend the new member orientation if possible.
- Participate in the induction ceremony by sharing personal information about the new member. The incoming member shares information about her business. This is the only time she may promote or discuss her business without paying a fine.
- Provide active support to the new member during the first year:
- Invite her to participate on your committee.
- Carpool, when feasible.
- Introduce her to other members and sit with her at meetings.
- If she is absent for an extended period, call to see if she needs support.
- Answer her questions about club activities and procedures, or find someone in the club who knows the answer.